Thursday, September 1, 2011

Welcome to the 2011 season!


Hello football fans and welcome to what will hopefully be another exciting season. Welcome back to those that have followed the rankings in the past and a warm welcome to those of you that are following the rankings for the first time. The rankings started out of a conversation with a grad school classmate about how to predict who would play in the BCS national title game in 2007 and I’ve been providing updated rankings weekly ever since. Every week during the season, I update my statistical model for ranking college football teams and simulate the remainder of the season 10,000 times to get a better idea of how the season will play out. Admittedly, my model is similar to other rankings systems that can be found on the internet but I think the results of simulating the season (and my always witty commentary, of course) contribute to our understanding of college football in a way that can’t be found elsewhere. If nothing else, I have a blast writing this blog and the rankings certainly enhance my enjoyment of the college football season. I hope this blog will do the same for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment